MADFINGER Games have announced that the zombie apocalypse shooter Dead Trigger is now free via the Apple App Store. Along with a content update and bugfix, the iOS version now matches the Android version that went free to play last month. MADFINGER cites rampant piracy as the reason for the price drop.
In an interview last week with Pocket Gamer, MADFINGER sales and marketing manager Anna Porizkova stated the piracy rate of Dead Trigger was at an overwhelming 80 precent. This figure insinuated that less than a quarter of Dead Trigger players had actually purchased the game.
Dead Trigger has recently been nominated for a Community Choice Award from the 2012 Unity Awards. Despite alleged piracy pressure, MADFINGER has updated and patched the survival horror game with the following:
Dead Trigger Update (1.1.2)
* New weapons: Chain Saw, Lewis Machine Gun, Marine Engine with blades and American West Rifle
* New gadget: Head-Flator X100 to inflate the heads of zombies to XXXL size!
* New zombies: mutated mobsters or armoured SWAT members
* Survival arena, that is tailor-made for massacre of hordes of zombies
* Daily rewards
* Casino: try your luck with a slot machine
* Save game data with cloud backupBug Fixing
* Revive Kit (cooldown, number of usage during mission)
* Crash in Menu when too many missions were “available”
* Booster “Ammo Supply” did not working properly
⋆ Various fixes in missions and graphics
* Enemy AI
* Aiming on crawling enemies when enabled iron-sight
* New Hope accessible after first mission
* Shop ( items with zero owned pieces, etc. )
* Damages caused by mines, deactivated turret, cutters, exploding barrels that did not injure enemies on higher ranks
Weapons, Gadgets, Upgrades
* Decrease price of various items
* Decrease required ranks
* Damage tweaks, etc