May 7th, 2012 | By Former Staff
Apple just submitted the iOS 5.1.1 update containing:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos take using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliablity for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For information on the security content is available on Apple’s support website.
The update is ready to download from your iDevice assuming you already have iOS 5.0.0 or above installed. Certainly, I would update, unless you’re jailbreaking (which I do not recommend or endorse). The best thing about this update is the 2G/3G swapping problem for the iPad 3. It was causing issues where the iPad would disconnect and be unable to switch between networks.
Grab this update now (there’s nothing to lose)!