IGM provides a place for the indie game community and press to create content, publicize their work, and submit content to The Indie Game Magazine. We offer indie developers and readers a chance to voice their opinion, show off their work, and promote their games. IGM hosts all the content, backs it up on a regular basis, picks up the bills, and maintains the site.
We’re trying to foster the indie gaming community, so in participating you’re helping us do that, and we love you for it. Unless, of course, you’re a Jerk.
1. The Site is open to all game-related user-generated content. Profanity is okay in moderation – but refain from using it in post titles. Posts that do not coincide with what we are doing here or are ridiculous and offensive will be removed without consulting the poster beforehand. No questions asked.
2. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify IGM immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. IGM will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
3. Don’t be a drama queen! Overly negative people, spammers, and abusers will be banned.
4. All aspects of The Indie Game Magazine’s Service are subject to change at IGM’s discretion. You agree that IGM will not be liable to you for any interruption of the Service, delay, or failure to perform.
5. Don’t copy and paste other people’s work and pass it off as your own content. Summarize what you want to use and give proper credit/linkage. Otherwise, this may be perceived as plagiarism, and you could find yourself in legal trouble. The Indie Game Magazine takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Service. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Service, is solely your responsibility. IGM is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that The Indie Game Magazine shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content.
6. You retain full ownership and any proprietary rights you may have in your individual User Content postings on The Indie Game Magazine’s site. By posting any User Content on our site, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to The Indie Game Magazine a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, market, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service.
7. The Indie Game Magazine may decide, at its sole discretion, to offer compensation to Members for the Syndication of User Content containing their original expression. If IGM chooses to offer any such compensation, IGM will determine the form and amount of such compensation pursuant to our compensation policy, if any, in effect at the time.
Thanks for reading, and we hope you enjoy our articles!
This Agreement was last revised on December 9, 2013